On the birthday of Karl Marx, let me count some of the ways fear is being used during the Corona-virus pandemic and has been used to spread Socialism and attack Human Freedom:
1. Premier of the Police State of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, has banned golf and said “I don’t need to play golf, and me playing golf is not worth someone’s life.” As if golf courses are not big enough to allow social distancing.
2. We are scared of approaching and touching each other.
3. Human contact is illegal.
4. Leaving our homes is also against the law.
5. Around the world countless threatened businesses want government bailouts. Is there a government in the world which can afford to give everybody everything they want?
6. U.S. Congress Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez uses the occasion of the pandemic to write, “We have to start demanding ……. that we strip profit motive out of our decisions and reprioritize for the public good …….” Whether this is right or wrong, it is not capitalism. It is not free enterprise. It IS socialism. How many of the congresswoman’s “demands” are affordable?
7. Marx himself wrote: ” ……. there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror.”
8. In 1927 Mao Tse Tung first used the statement, “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.” at the start of the Chinese Civil War. Many other people like me prefer to follow Abraham Lincoln in believing that legitimate power is of, by and for the people. History has shown that Abe was right. Will the future agree?
Guys like President Lincoln didn’t just spread the Christmas spirit all year round.
But Socialists like Daniel Andrews want to deprive people of the fresh air and sunshine which kills the Corona-virus.
God help us All.
Geoff Fox 5th May, 2020, Down Under